How does a mature Open University student spend her August Bank Holiday? Why, by responding to one of the 30 minute writing prompts, of course! Here is my latest attempt. Just a bit of fun. I hope you enjoy it. I only went to the shop for a bottle of milk! I’ve said it before […]
Tag Archives | writing prompts
Sometimes it can be hard to say, let alone write, what you really feel. Especially in a situation where you have lost someone close. Imagine then how it must feel when you have to make a decision that brings about that loss. In 1990, my husband and I had to make the hardest decision of […]
Recently on my Open University Facebook page someone posted a writing prompt. ‘She knew that there was something wrong when she opened the door’ I took up the challenge and here is my attempt. ‘She knew that there was something wrong when she opened the door. Instead of the happy, excited chatter that she’d been […]
The ‘lovely Lisa’ who anyone who has been following my blogs from the beginning will have already heard about, gave a writing prompt on our writer’s facebook page. ‘I have a little writing prompt for you today…. Write about a time you felt most uncomfortable/awkward. Maybe a new job, first day at school, first date, […]
- Be eccentric now! (no.21) November 24, 2013
- What’s holding you back from pursuing your dream? June 3, 2013
- Isn’t life funny! March 25, 2014
- What kind of butterfly are you? July 19, 2014
- Finding inspiration in an unexpected place. May 3, 2014
- When Life Gets Messy………. February 27, 2013
- Third Time Lucky September 19, 2016
- Just believe that good things are on their way. January 3, 2016
- The Scratch Messiah, my adventures continue. December 6, 2015
- Where is your escape? November 12, 2015
- New Career. October 20, 2015
- Downton Abbey’s back. October 1, 2015
- KiaIChueng: Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been...
- FrankQZagara: You can certainly see your enthusiasm in the work ...
- isabel: I may have misheard what the young actress who was...
- C. Evans: Nellie Hozier was born in 1888. She was 26 when w...
- isabel: Thanks Debbie. Easier said than done sometimes. Bu...
- Debra Horrocks: Such an inspirational blog Isobel. You are most de...
About The Author
I have 2 wonderful sons and my first grandchild has arrived. I’ve recently had a short story included as an appendix in another author’s book. Very pleased.