‘Worry is a down payment on a problem you may never have.’ Joyce Meyer. A couple of months ago a routine visit to the dentist resulted in me being referred to the hospital. On a previous visit the dentist had told me that I had something called Leucoplakia, which is like an area of dry […]
Tag Archives | uplifting.
I’ve been a volunteer at Cogges ever since it re-opened to the public on the 17th June, 2011. I remember the opening day very clearly. It was a typical English Summer day, the rain never stopped. But this didn’t seem to dampen the enthusiasm of the hundreds of people who turned out to support us. […]
A few years ago, I was on a plane bound for Edinburgh. I was going to attend a reunion with my school friends and was travelling on my own. Sitting next to me was a tall, blond-haired, American gentleman, aged about 40. Shortly after take off, we fell into conversation and what he told me […]
Since joining Woapa 3 years ago I have met many wonderful people and made some good friends. Everyone in the singing group is enthusiastic and if asked would probably say that Wednesday evening, when we rehearse, is the highlight of their week. I certainly would. But I think it’s fair to say that there’s one member of […]
I‘ve been volunteering at Cogges Manor Farm, (also known as Yew Tree Farm in a certain ITV period drama), in Witney for about three years now. I’ve loved every minute of it. Being a people person, I love meeting and greeting the visitors that come through the doors, even the awkward ones who seem […]
As anyone who I’m friends with on Facebook can tell you, I have an addiction to doing silly quizzes, like ‘What Disney Princess are you?’ or ‘What colour are you?‘ or ‘What would your medieval profession be?’ Recently I did a quiz to find out what kind of butterfly I was. Bizarre I know, but it was just […]
Finding inspiration in an unexpected place. Almost a year ago I wrote a blog, A day in the ‘glamorous’ life of an author It was a tongue in cheek tale about a book launch I’d attended. My friend and mentor, Lisa Cherry, otherwise known as ‘the lovely Lisa’, had just published her second book, ‘The Brightness […]
It’s a well-known fact that January can be a bit of a depressing month for some people. After all the excitement of the run up to Christmas, the parties, spending time with friends and family, going back to your normal routine can seem like quite a come down. The weather doesn’t help. The cold, damp […]
This is just a very short blog as the link I’m sharing speaks for itself! Having a bad day or week? The good thing is tomorrow is only a few short hours away. Hopefully whatever is getting you down will soon be fixed. I’m sharing a link to a video of The British Paraorchestra performing ‘True […]
- Be eccentric now! (no.21) November 24, 2013
- What’s holding you back from pursuing your dream? June 3, 2013
- Isn’t life funny! March 25, 2014
- What kind of butterfly are you? July 19, 2014
- Finding inspiration in an unexpected place. May 3, 2014
- When Life Gets Messy………. February 27, 2013
- Third Time Lucky September 19, 2016
- Just believe that good things are on their way. January 3, 2016
- The Scratch Messiah, my adventures continue. December 6, 2015
- Where is your escape? November 12, 2015
- New Career. October 20, 2015
- Downton Abbey’s back. October 1, 2015
- KiaIChueng: Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been...
- FrankQZagara: You can certainly see your enthusiasm in the work ...
- isabel: I may have misheard what the young actress who was...
- C. Evans: Nellie Hozier was born in 1888. She was 26 when w...
- isabel: Thanks Debbie. Easier said than done sometimes. Bu...
- Debra Horrocks: Such an inspirational blog Isobel. You are most de...
About The Author
I have 2 wonderful sons and my first grandchild has arrived. I’ve recently had a short story included as an appendix in another author’s book. Very pleased.