As anyone who is following my blog knows, I’m doing a creative writing module with the Open University. For my second assignment I had to write a short story of no more than 2,200 words. For better or worse, here it is! Return to Russell Square Rain was falling heavily as he approached the […]
Tag Archives | Short story.
The Little Hedgehog. It was the end of Summer. The nights were getting colder and longer. The trees were stretching their branches and shaking off their leaves as a snake rids itself of its old, dried skin ready for the new one to form. They did this in the knowledge that, after the long sleep […]
The Little Hedgehog. It was the end of Summer. The nights were getting colder and longer. The trees were stretching their branches and shaking off their leaves as a snake rids itself of it’s old, dried skin ready for the new one to emerge. Safe in the knowledge that, after the long sleep of winter there […]
The Fluffy Dandelion. This week the lovely Lisa has challenged us to write something about a ‘fluffy dandelion’. This is my attempt. The Fluffy Dandelion. ‘Sitting alone in a sea of green that is the lawn, a single dandelion is busy preparing for the next stage of its life. Faded is the vivid yellow of […]
- Be eccentric now! (no.21) November 24, 2013
- What’s holding you back from pursuing your dream? June 3, 2013
- Isn’t life funny! March 25, 2014
- What kind of butterfly are you? July 19, 2014
- Finding inspiration in an unexpected place. May 3, 2014
- When Life Gets Messy………. February 27, 2013
- Third Time Lucky September 19, 2016
- Just believe that good things are on their way. January 3, 2016
- The Scratch Messiah, my adventures continue. December 6, 2015
- Where is your escape? November 12, 2015
- New Career. October 20, 2015
- Downton Abbey’s back. October 1, 2015
- KiaIChueng: Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been...
- FrankQZagara: You can certainly see your enthusiasm in the work ...
- isabel: I may have misheard what the young actress who was...
- C. Evans: Nellie Hozier was born in 1888. She was 26 when w...
- isabel: Thanks Debbie. Easier said than done sometimes. Bu...
- Debra Horrocks: Such an inspirational blog Isobel. You are most de...
About The Author
I have 2 wonderful sons and my first grandchild has arrived. I’ve recently had a short story included as an appendix in another author’s book. Very pleased.