Have you ever been in a situation where you’ve ended up taking on someone else’s pet hate or obsession? I’ve recently discovered that I have! We live in what should be a quiet road. The road itself is a dead-end leading to a local church and an old Manor house and farm. Our house is […]
Tag Archives | Rant
I won’t go into any great detail but a freewrite is when you start with an opening sentence and splurge, i.e. you let your imagination go wild, writing anything that comes into your head and see where it takes you. The BRB suggested various starting phrases, one of them being I need proof….. . Well […]
I hope that everyone has had a good Christmas? I have had a quite an interesting one! My daughter-in-law is 8 months pregnant and as they live in Manchester, we live in Witney and her parents live in Brighton, we decided to take Christmas to them. Well at least a little nearer! We decided to rent […]
This title sounds like it could be a good one for a song! Oh wait-I think it is ~. Sorry about that, but I feel the need to do something to cheer me up this morning. I don’t normally mind Mondays as a rule. It’s sometimes quite refreshing to wake up knowing that there are things […]
- Be eccentric now! (no.21) November 24, 2013
- What’s holding you back from pursuing your dream? June 3, 2013
- Isn’t life funny! March 25, 2014
- What kind of butterfly are you? July 19, 2014
- Finding inspiration in an unexpected place. May 3, 2014
- When Life Gets Messy………. February 27, 2013
- Third Time Lucky September 19, 2016
- Just believe that good things are on their way. January 3, 2016
- The Scratch Messiah, my adventures continue. December 6, 2015
- Where is your escape? November 12, 2015
- New Career. October 20, 2015
- Downton Abbey’s back. October 1, 2015
- KiaIChueng: Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been...
- FrankQZagara: You can certainly see your enthusiasm in the work ...
- isabel: I may have misheard what the young actress who was...
- C. Evans: Nellie Hozier was born in 1888. She was 26 when w...
- isabel: Thanks Debbie. Easier said than done sometimes. Bu...
- Debra Horrocks: Such an inspirational blog Isobel. You are most de...
About The Author
I have 2 wonderful sons and my first grandchild has arrived. I’ve recently had a short story included as an appendix in another author’s book. Very pleased.