Well at last my Creative Writing module is done. It’s been a bit of an emotional rolller coaster for me. It’s one thing to have an academic essay subjected to a tutor’s marks, but a totally different experience when it’s a story/poem that has come from your heart. But I think that I’ve learned […]
Tag Archives | Poetry
Just thought that I’d share my latest poetic attempts which I produced for my latest Open University assignment. This one was quite a challenge for me as we had to write 2-3 poems, totaling 40 lines, using different techniques. I found it quite hard to write in this almost calculated way, but I’m sure that […]
Hi guys, My latest assignment for my OU course has been a poetry assignment. As part of the course I’ve had to write some poems. Here are a couple. The first one was my attempt at writing about an animal, real or mythical. Of course I wrote about the Invisible Dragon! The second […]
Ode From a mature student’s son. My mum has lost her marbles! How so? I hear you say. She’s started acting crazy In many different ways. […]
The ‘lovely Lisa’ recently threw down a writing prompt challenge in our private ‘I’m a writer’ fb group. She challenged us to write a poem about passion. Not feeling very confident, I decided to ‘give it a go’. After all only the other members of the group would see it. In fear and trepidation I uploaded […]
So today is the 14th February-Valentine’s day. The day for flowers, chocolates and romantic gestures. It’s the celebration of Valentinus who was imprisoned because he ministered to Christians who were persecuted under the Roman Empire and also performed marriage ceremonies for soldiers who were forbidden to marry. This to me shows that it’s really a celebration of love […]
On a National Creative forum run by the Open University, the tutor running the forum asked us to write a poem based on this picture. Below is my attempt. Alone she stares, silent in reverieThe sky so clear as she aspires to beSo still, afraid to break the spellAnd take the road she knows will […]
- Be eccentric now! (no.21) November 24, 2013
- What’s holding you back from pursuing your dream? June 3, 2013
- Isn’t life funny! March 25, 2014
- What kind of butterfly are you? July 19, 2014
- Finding inspiration in an unexpected place. May 3, 2014
- When Life Gets Messy………. February 27, 2013
- Third Time Lucky September 19, 2016
- Just believe that good things are on their way. January 3, 2016
- The Scratch Messiah, my adventures continue. December 6, 2015
- Where is your escape? November 12, 2015
- New Career. October 20, 2015
- Downton Abbey’s back. October 1, 2015
- KiaIChueng: Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been...
- FrankQZagara: You can certainly see your enthusiasm in the work ...
- isabel: I may have misheard what the young actress who was...
- C. Evans: Nellie Hozier was born in 1888. She was 26 when w...
- isabel: Thanks Debbie. Easier said than done sometimes. Bu...
- Debra Horrocks: Such an inspirational blog Isobel. You are most de...
About The Author
I have 2 wonderful sons and my first grandchild has arrived. I’ve recently had a short story included as an appendix in another author’s book. Very pleased.