I’m going to make a confession here. I was that little girl who stood in front of the mirror, hairbrush in hand, using it as a microphone, while I sang along to my latest record, dreaming of one day being a pop star. Well guess what? My dream has come true, thanks to my youngest […]
Tag Archives | fun.
Regular readers of my blog will know that I’m a member of WOAPA Adult Singing Group, we hesitate to call ourselves a choir. Over the last three years we’ve had some great adventures, singing at local beer and music festivals, recording a video for a local farmer and generally just having fun singing. But recently […]
One thing I’ve found working as a volunteer at Cogges is that, you never know what you’ll be called upon to do next. I’ve done some strange things in the past, like chasing escaped turkeys, taking goats for a walk and trawling through undergrowth in pursuit of escaped chickens. But one thing’s for sure, it’s […]
Those of you that follow my blog are aware that one of my passions is singing. I think that I was born singing. Certainly from the age of about eight years old I performed regularly on stage with a local children’s drama group, The St Ninian’s Junior Concert Party, which is still going strong and in fact, […]
Goodness me. I can’t believe that it’s July already. This year is flying by. Since making a conscious decision about three years ago to ‘get out there and start living,’ time seems to be passing faster and faster. I don’t have a ‘bucket list’ as such, but I’ve made up my mind to try as many new experiences […]
Liberty Lykia Ten years ago we went on holiday as a family to Lykia world in Olu Deniz, Turkey. At the time I was still suffering from depression, but was beginning to see a glimmer of light. One of the activities offered in the resort was the opportunity to go paragliding. Every day I would […]
Well at last my Creative Writing module is done. It’s been a bit of an emotional rolller coaster for me. It’s one thing to have an academic essay subjected to a tutor’s marks, but a totally different experience when it’s a story/poem that has come from your heart. But I think that I’ve learned […]
Earlier this year I wrote an outraged response to an article in the Reader’s Digest on the sorts of activities we should be doing as we get older. Reading this article I discovered that the activities that I currently engage in makes me fall into the 20-30 year old age group. At the same time […]
The Little Hedgehog. It was the end of Summer. The nights were getting colder and longer. The trees were stretching their branches and shaking off their leaves as a snake rids itself of its old, dried skin ready for the new one to form. They did this in the knowledge that, after the long sleep […]
Ode From a mature student’s son. My mum has lost her marbles! How so? I hear you say. She’s started acting crazy In many different ways. […]
- Be eccentric now! (no.21) November 24, 2013
- What’s holding you back from pursuing your dream? June 3, 2013
- Isn’t life funny! March 25, 2014
- What kind of butterfly are you? July 19, 2014
- Finding inspiration in an unexpected place. May 3, 2014
- When Life Gets Messy………. February 27, 2013
- Third Time Lucky September 19, 2016
- Just believe that good things are on their way. January 3, 2016
- The Scratch Messiah, my adventures continue. December 6, 2015
- Where is your escape? November 12, 2015
- New Career. October 20, 2015
- Downton Abbey’s back. October 1, 2015
- KiaIChueng: Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been...
- FrankQZagara: You can certainly see your enthusiasm in the work ...
- isabel: I may have misheard what the young actress who was...
- C. Evans: Nellie Hozier was born in 1888. She was 26 when w...
- isabel: Thanks Debbie. Easier said than done sometimes. Bu...
- Debra Horrocks: Such an inspirational blog Isobel. You are most de...
About The Author
I have 2 wonderful sons and my first grandchild has arrived. I’ve recently had a short story included as an appendix in another author’s book. Very pleased.