We all have dreams. some bigger than others. We also know that sometimes it can be hard to hold on to that dream, especially when it looks like it is an impossible one. I’ve recently been going through a time of doubting my ability as a writer and this has stopped me from actually sitting […]
Tag Archives | Featured
2014 is about to come to an end. It’s been an amazing year for me. I’ve paraglided off a 1,700 metre high mountain, performed as part of the chorus for a performance of the Mikado, sang backing vocals on a CD and sung a solo on WOAPA’s annual WOAPA day, to name but a […]
Regular readers of my blog will know that I’m a member of WOAPA Adult Singing Group, we hesitate to call ourselves a choir. Over the last three years we’ve had some great adventures, singing at local beer and music festivals, recording a video for a local farmer and generally just having fun singing. But recently […]
One thing I’ve found working as a volunteer at Cogges is that, you never know what you’ll be called upon to do next. I’ve done some strange things in the past, like chasing escaped turkeys, taking goats for a walk and trawling through undergrowth in pursuit of escaped chickens. But one thing’s for sure, it’s […]
Today, Monday the 20th October 2014, I woke up to the news that the actress and author, Lynda Bellingham had sadly lost her battle with cancer. The media is full of well deserved tributes. Right up to the end Lynda never gave up. When being accused of giving up on life by stopping her chemotherapy […]
As anyone who I’m friends with on Facebook can tell you, I have an addiction to doing silly quizzes, like ‘What Disney Princess are you?’ or ‘What colour are you?‘ or ‘What would your medieval profession be?’ Recently I did a quiz to find out what kind of butterfly I was. Bizarre I know, but it was just […]
Goodness me. I can’t believe that it’s July already. This year is flying by. Since making a conscious decision about three years ago to ‘get out there and start living,’ time seems to be passing faster and faster. I don’t have a ‘bucket list’ as such, but I’ve made up my mind to try as many new experiences […]
Finding inspiration in an unexpected place. Almost a year ago I wrote a blog, A day in the ‘glamorous’ life of an author It was a tongue in cheek tale about a book launch I’d attended. My friend and mentor, Lisa Cherry, otherwise known as ‘the lovely Lisa’, had just published her second book, ‘The Brightness […]
Hi guys, My latest assignment for my OU course has been a poetry assignment. As part of the course I’ve had to write some poems. Here are a couple. The first one was my attempt at writing about an animal, real or mythical. Of course I wrote about the Invisible Dragon! The second […]
It’s a well-known fact that January can be a bit of a depressing month for some people. After all the excitement of the run up to Christmas, the parties, spending time with friends and family, going back to your normal routine can seem like quite a come down. The weather doesn’t help. The cold, damp […]
- Be eccentric now! (no.21) November 24, 2013
- What’s holding you back from pursuing your dream? June 3, 2013
- Isn’t life funny! March 25, 2014
- What kind of butterfly are you? July 19, 2014
- Finding inspiration in an unexpected place. May 3, 2014
- When Life Gets Messy………. February 27, 2013
- Third Time Lucky September 19, 2016
- Just believe that good things are on their way. January 3, 2016
- The Scratch Messiah, my adventures continue. December 6, 2015
- Where is your escape? November 12, 2015
- New Career. October 20, 2015
- Downton Abbey’s back. October 1, 2015
- KiaIChueng: Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been...
- FrankQZagara: You can certainly see your enthusiasm in the work ...
- isabel: I may have misheard what the young actress who was...
- C. Evans: Nellie Hozier was born in 1888. She was 26 when w...
- isabel: Thanks Debbie. Easier said than done sometimes. Bu...
- Debra Horrocks: Such an inspirational blog Isobel. You are most de...
About The Author
I have 2 wonderful sons and my first grandchild has arrived. I’ve recently had a short story included as an appendix in another author’s book. Very pleased.