Earlier this year I mentioned that I was deferring from my Open University module due to a combination of ill-health and family issues. The email to the Open University confirming my deferral had barely been launched into the ether when I was asked if I would be interested in doing two things. One, was to […]
Tag Archives | Downton Abbey
The autumn equinox has passed and with it has come the return of two of the highlights of my year; Strictly Come Dancing and Downton Abbey. Who cares if it’s cold and dark outside when you can sit in the comfort of your own living room and lose yourself in the glamour of spray tans […]
Anyone who follows my blog will be well aware of the fact that I’m a Downton Abbey fan and that I’m immensely pleased that Cogges is used as the setting of Yew Tree Farm, the home of Farmer Drewe and his wife, Margi. Having seen Lady Mary and Tom Branson visit the farm in series […]
Well it’s almost a month since I decided to take my own advice and be kind to myself. The relief I felt at taking the decision to defer from my Open University course for the time being has stayed with me. I did the right thing. It wasn’t until I removed that stress factor from […]
Years ago, I made a New Year’s resolution to give up up making any New Year’s resolutions. This has been one resolution that I’ve found easy to keep; up until now that is. In my last blog, ‘The best laid plans‘, I included this list of New Year’s resolutions that had been shared as a […]
Ever had to keep a secret so big, so exciting that you thought that you’d just burst. I have! But now I can reveal all. Last year, 17th May, 2013 to be precise, I was fortunate enough to be allowed to be on site at Cogges when some of the cast and crew of Downton […]
I recently responded to a writing prompt by ‘the lovely Lisa’ about an awkward situation. The prompt was also to write about an embarrassing situation. I’ve been thinking about this and have been reminded of a quite embarrassing situation I found myself in a couple of years ago. I’m a huge fan of Downton Abbey, who […]
- Be eccentric now! (no.21) November 24, 2013
- What’s holding you back from pursuing your dream? June 3, 2013
- Isn’t life funny! March 25, 2014
- What kind of butterfly are you? July 19, 2014
- Finding inspiration in an unexpected place. May 3, 2014
- When Life Gets Messy………. February 27, 2013
- Third Time Lucky September 19, 2016
- Just believe that good things are on their way. January 3, 2016
- The Scratch Messiah, my adventures continue. December 6, 2015
- Where is your escape? November 12, 2015
- New Career. October 20, 2015
- Downton Abbey’s back. October 1, 2015
- KiaIChueng: Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been...
- FrankQZagara: You can certainly see your enthusiasm in the work ...
- isabel: I may have misheard what the young actress who was...
- C. Evans: Nellie Hozier was born in 1888. She was 26 when w...
- isabel: Thanks Debbie. Easier said than done sometimes. Bu...
- Debra Horrocks: Such an inspirational blog Isobel. You are most de...
About The Author
I have 2 wonderful sons and my first grandchild has arrived. I’ve recently had a short story included as an appendix in another author’s book. Very pleased.