We all have dreams. some bigger than others. We also know that sometimes it can be hard to hold on to that dream, especially when it looks like it is an impossible one. I’ve recently been going through a time of doubting my ability as a writer and this has stopped me from actually sitting […]
Tag Archives | creative writing
Well at last my Creative Writing module is done. It’s been a bit of an emotional rolller coaster for me. It’s one thing to have an academic essay subjected to a tutor’s marks, but a totally different experience when it’s a story/poem that has come from your heart. But I think that I’ve learned […]
I can’t believe how much my life has changed since I decided to ‘get off my butt’ and start living. I used to have a house which although not immaculate, at least had a good going over once a week. Now I’d much rather be writing than dusting. Even my leisure time has changed. Everywhere […]
In my last blog I shared the three poems I’d written for my recent Open University assignment. What I didn’t mention was that I wasn’t very happy with the mark I received! The course book and Cd’s tell you that you must write a poem then keep on coming back to it and changing […]
Just thought that I’d share my latest poetic attempts which I produced for my latest Open University assignment. This one was quite a challenge for me as we had to write 2-3 poems, totaling 40 lines, using different techniques. I found it quite hard to write in this almost calculated way, but I’m sure that […]
Hi guys, My latest assignment for my OU course has been a poetry assignment. As part of the course I’ve had to write some poems. Here are a couple. The first one was my attempt at writing about an animal, real or mythical. Of course I wrote about the Invisible Dragon! The second […]
As anyone who is following my blog knows, I’m doing a creative writing module with the Open University. For my second assignment I had to write a short story of no more than 2,200 words. For better or worse, here it is! Return to Russell Square Rain was falling heavily as he approached the […]
It’s been a while since I published part 4 of My Invisible Dragon adventure but here at last is the fifth, possibly the last part. This one starts off a bit differently. I’m in the middle of my Creative Writing course so I’m trying something different. As with all good fairy tales however there must […]
The Little Hedgehog. It was the end of Summer. The nights were getting colder and longer. The trees were stretching their branches and shaking off their leaves as a snake rids itself of its old, dried skin ready for the new one to form. They did this in the knowledge that, after the long sleep […]
Ode From a mature student’s son. My mum has lost her marbles! How so? I hear you say. She’s started acting crazy In many different ways. […]
- Be eccentric now! (no.21) November 24, 2013
- What’s holding you back from pursuing your dream? June 3, 2013
- Isn’t life funny! March 25, 2014
- What kind of butterfly are you? July 19, 2014
- Finding inspiration in an unexpected place. May 3, 2014
- When Life Gets Messy………. February 27, 2013
- Third Time Lucky September 19, 2016
- Just believe that good things are on their way. January 3, 2016
- The Scratch Messiah, my adventures continue. December 6, 2015
- Where is your escape? November 12, 2015
- New Career. October 20, 2015
- Downton Abbey’s back. October 1, 2015
- KiaIChueng: Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been...
- FrankQZagara: You can certainly see your enthusiasm in the work ...
- isabel: I may have misheard what the young actress who was...
- C. Evans: Nellie Hozier was born in 1888. She was 26 when w...
- isabel: Thanks Debbie. Easier said than done sometimes. Bu...
- Debra Horrocks: Such an inspirational blog Isobel. You are most de...
About The Author
I have 2 wonderful sons and my first grandchild has arrived. I’ve recently had a short story included as an appendix in another author’s book. Very pleased.