A couple of weeks ago I was excited because my singing group had just performed in the great Hall at Blenheim Palace. It was an amazing experience to be able to sing in such a beautiful setting. What could possibly top that? This time last year I was in the process of recovering from a […]
Tag Archives | Challenges
Where is your escape? Do you have somewhere either real or imagined that you can go when you need some Isabel-time? This is a blog challenge I was set by a fellow Open University student quite a while ago. I’ve had a couple of attempts at answering this question, but gave up as I didn’t really know […]
Well it’s almost a month since I decided to take my own advice and be kind to myself. The relief I felt at taking the decision to defer from my Open University course for the time being has stayed with me. I did the right thing. It wasn’t until I removed that stress factor from […]
Those of you that follow my blog are aware that one of my passions is singing. I think that I was born singing. Certainly from the age of about eight years old I performed regularly on stage with a local children’s drama group, The St Ninian’s Junior Concert Party, which is still going strong and in fact, […]
Goodness me. I can’t believe that it’s July already. This year is flying by. Since making a conscious decision about three years ago to ‘get out there and start living,’ time seems to be passing faster and faster. I don’t have a ‘bucket list’ as such, but I’ve made up my mind to try as many new experiences […]
Liberty Lykia Ten years ago we went on holiday as a family to Lykia world in Olu Deniz, Turkey. At the time I was still suffering from depression, but was beginning to see a glimmer of light. One of the activities offered in the resort was the opportunity to go paragliding. Every day I would […]
I won’t go into any great detail but a freewrite is when you start with an opening sentence and splurge, i.e. you let your imagination go wild, writing anything that comes into your head and see where it takes you. The BRB suggested various starting phrases, one of them being I need proof….. . Well […]
One of the up sides of social media is that we get the opportunity to find out about people and things that we otherwise wouldn’t. A few months ago I started following Sloan Rawlins on Twitter which led to me also following her blog under the name of “Taming the Invisible Dragon“. I started to […]
- Be eccentric now! (no.21) November 24, 2013
- What’s holding you back from pursuing your dream? June 3, 2013
- Isn’t life funny! March 25, 2014
- What kind of butterfly are you? July 19, 2014
- Finding inspiration in an unexpected place. May 3, 2014
- When Life Gets Messy………. February 27, 2013
- Third Time Lucky September 19, 2016
- Just believe that good things are on their way. January 3, 2016
- The Scratch Messiah, my adventures continue. December 6, 2015
- Where is your escape? November 12, 2015
- New Career. October 20, 2015
- Downton Abbey’s back. October 1, 2015
- KiaIChueng: Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been...
- FrankQZagara: You can certainly see your enthusiasm in the work ...
- isabel: I may have misheard what the young actress who was...
- C. Evans: Nellie Hozier was born in 1888. She was 26 when w...
- isabel: Thanks Debbie. Easier said than done sometimes. Bu...
- Debra Horrocks: Such an inspirational blog Isobel. You are most de...
About The Author
I have 2 wonderful sons and my first grandchild has arrived. I’ve recently had a short story included as an appendix in another author’s book. Very pleased.