One thing I’ve found working as a volunteer at Cogges is that, you never know what you’ll be called upon to do next. I’ve done some strange things in the past, like chasing escaped turkeys, taking goats for a walk and trawling through undergrowth in pursuit of escaped chickens. But one thing’s for sure, it’s […]
Tag Archives | celebrity.
Today, Monday the 20th October 2014, I woke up to the news that the actress and author, Lynda Bellingham had sadly lost her battle with cancer. The media is full of well deserved tributes. Right up to the end Lynda never gave up. When being accused of giving up on life by stopping her chemotherapy […]
Ever had to keep a secret so big, so exciting that you thought that you’d just burst. I have! But now I can reveal all. Last year, 17th May, 2013 to be precise, I was fortunate enough to be allowed to be on site at Cogges when some of the cast and crew of Downton […]
I recently responded to a writing prompt by ‘the lovely Lisa’ about an awkward situation. The prompt was also to write about an embarrassing situation. I’ve been thinking about this and have been reminded of a quite embarrassing situation I found myself in a couple of years ago. I’m a huge fan of Downton Abbey, who […]
- Be eccentric now! (no.21) November 24, 2013
- What’s holding you back from pursuing your dream? June 3, 2013
- Isn’t life funny! March 25, 2014
- What kind of butterfly are you? July 19, 2014
- Finding inspiration in an unexpected place. May 3, 2014
- When Life Gets Messy………. February 27, 2013
- Third Time Lucky September 19, 2016
- Just believe that good things are on their way. January 3, 2016
- The Scratch Messiah, my adventures continue. December 6, 2015
- Where is your escape? November 12, 2015
- New Career. October 20, 2015
- Downton Abbey’s back. October 1, 2015
- KiaIChueng: Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been...
- FrankQZagara: You can certainly see your enthusiasm in the work ...
- isabel: I may have misheard what the young actress who was...
- C. Evans: Nellie Hozier was born in 1888. She was 26 when w...
- isabel: Thanks Debbie. Easier said than done sometimes. Bu...
- Debra Horrocks: Such an inspirational blog Isobel. You are most de...
About The Author
I have 2 wonderful sons and my first grandchild has arrived. I’ve recently had a short story included as an appendix in another author’s book. Very pleased.