Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain. I read this quote on Facebook and fell in love with it. I’ve now adopted it as my new motto and am trying to put it into practice. My website has the title, ‘Sunshine after the rain.’ […]
Tag Archives | bereavement.
Finding inspiration in an unexpected place. Almost a year ago I wrote a blog, A day in the ‘glamorous’ life of an author It was a tongue in cheek tale about a book launch I’d attended. My friend and mentor, Lisa Cherry, otherwise known as ‘the lovely Lisa’, had just published her second book, ‘The Brightness […]
In my last blog I shared the three poems I’d written for my recent Open University assignment. What I didn’t mention was that I wasn’t very happy with the mark I received! The course book and Cd’s tell you that you must write a poem then keep on coming back to it and changing […]
Sometimes it can be hard to say, let alone write, what you really feel. Especially in a situation where you have lost someone close. Imagine then how it must feel when you have to make a decision that brings about that loss. In 1990, my husband and I had to make the hardest decision of […]
Life can be so cruel sometimes. A couple of weeks ago I found out that a very dear friend and neighbour had been told that she only had about 2 weeks to live. Despite going backwards and forwards to the hospital for the past 4 years, a recent scan revealed that, not only did she […]
This blog is about my ‘journey’, sorry for using the ‘j’ word, and part of being able to move on is to let go. Like a lot of things in life that sounds easier than it is, something that many people will have found out as they try to make sense of this world. What things we need […]
- Be eccentric now! (no.21) November 24, 2013
- What’s holding you back from pursuing your dream? June 3, 2013
- Isn’t life funny! March 25, 2014
- What kind of butterfly are you? July 19, 2014
- Finding inspiration in an unexpected place. May 3, 2014
- When Life Gets Messy………. February 27, 2013
- Third Time Lucky September 19, 2016
- Just believe that good things are on their way. January 3, 2016
- The Scratch Messiah, my adventures continue. December 6, 2015
- Where is your escape? November 12, 2015
- New Career. October 20, 2015
- Downton Abbey’s back. October 1, 2015
- KiaIChueng: Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been...
- FrankQZagara: You can certainly see your enthusiasm in the work ...
- isabel: I may have misheard what the young actress who was...
- C. Evans: Nellie Hozier was born in 1888. She was 26 when w...
- isabel: Thanks Debbie. Easier said than done sometimes. Bu...
- Debra Horrocks: Such an inspirational blog Isobel. You are most de...
About The Author
I have 2 wonderful sons and my first grandchild has arrived. I’ve recently had a short story included as an appendix in another author’s book. Very pleased.