I’m going to make a confession here. I was that little girl who stood in front of the mirror, hairbrush in hand, using it as a microphone, while I sang along to my latest record, dreaming of one day being a pop star. Well guess what? My dream has come true, thanks to my youngest […]
I have a question. Where has 2015 gone to? It seems like only yesterday that I was thinking back on 2014. It’s been a bit of a funny old year. We started the year knowing that my brother-in-law was terminally ill, and I’ll be starting 2016 by going to a funeral of a friend who […]
A couple of weeks ago I was excited because my singing group had just performed in the great Hall at Blenheim Palace. It was an amazing experience to be able to sing in such a beautiful setting. What could possibly top that? This time last year I was in the process of recovering from a […]
Where is your escape? Do you have somewhere either real or imagined that you can go when you need some Isabel-time? This is a blog challenge I was set by a fellow Open University student quite a while ago. I’ve had a couple of attempts at answering this question, but gave up as I didn’t really know […]
Earlier this year I mentioned that I was deferring from my Open University module due to a combination of ill-health and family issues. The email to the Open University confirming my deferral had barely been launched into the ether when I was asked if I would be interested in doing two things. One, was to […]
The autumn equinox has passed and with it has come the return of two of the highlights of my year; Strictly Come Dancing and Downton Abbey. Who cares if it’s cold and dark outside when you can sit in the comfort of your own living room and lose yourself in the glamour of spray tans […]
This season we have started doing Downton Abbey tours at Cogges and I’m one of the tour guides. One of the facts I like to tell the visitors is that we have over a thousand years of history to our name. Some people believe that the mounds and bumps in the field beside the walled garden […]
We all have dreams. some bigger than others. We also know that sometimes it can be hard to hold on to that dream, especially when it looks like it is an impossible one. I’ve recently been going through a time of doubting my ability as a writer and this has stopped me from actually sitting […]
‘Worry is a down payment on a problem you may never have.’ Joyce Meyer. A couple of months ago a routine visit to the dentist resulted in me being referred to the hospital. On a previous visit the dentist had told me that I had something called Leucoplakia, which is like an area of dry […]
I love looking at all the photos and funny sayings that people share on Facebook and Twitter. I’ve even been known to pinch a few and share them myself; well quite a lot if I’m honest. The one on the left, of someone doing a sky dive, made me laugh as I’m considering doing one […]
- Be eccentric now! (no.21) November 24, 2013
- What’s holding you back from pursuing your dream? June 3, 2013
- Isn’t life funny! March 25, 2014
- What kind of butterfly are you? July 19, 2014
- Finding inspiration in an unexpected place. May 3, 2014
- When Life Gets Messy………. February 27, 2013
- Third Time Lucky September 19, 2016
- Just believe that good things are on their way. January 3, 2016
- The Scratch Messiah, my adventures continue. December 6, 2015
- Where is your escape? November 12, 2015
- New Career. October 20, 2015
- Downton Abbey’s back. October 1, 2015
- KiaIChueng: Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been...
- FrankQZagara: You can certainly see your enthusiasm in the work ...
- isabel: I may have misheard what the young actress who was...
- C. Evans: Nellie Hozier was born in 1888. She was 26 when w...
- isabel: Thanks Debbie. Easier said than done sometimes. Bu...
- Debra Horrocks: Such an inspirational blog Isobel. You are most de...
About The Author
I have 2 wonderful sons and my first grandchild has arrived. I’ve recently had a short story included as an appendix in another author’s book. Very pleased.