As a child I belonged to the St Ninian’s Concert Party. This was a drama group for kids aged between 8-16. My debut at the tender age of 8, was singing ‘Singing in the Rain’ with 4 girls with brollies dancing behind me. To my young mind this was exactly what I should be doing […]
Archive | My journey RSS feed for this section
♥ If you woke and realised this whole year had been a dream, would you do anything different? This was posted on my fb page by one of the ladies in a special Lupus support group. I’m not sure if she was thinking of anything specific in her own life that’s happened this year. Especially […]
Well, how to begin! When I started my new beginning I certainly didn’t expect to have done half the things that I’ve already done this year and it’s still only August. In my first blog I mentioned that I had joined a choir. It’s actually called a singing group and was initially set up just […]
I so wanted my blog today to be a more positive one but we were greeted this morning by the fact that 13 cars in our street, including mine and my husbands had been keyed by some drunken, thoughtless individuals! Isn’t it funny how what someone finds funny causes someone else pain and frustration! Despite […]
Today I’m taking the opportunity to have a bit of a rant about unsolicited calls! Despite the fact that we’ve subscribed to that facility where you’re not supposed to get these calls-we get them all the time. I especially hate the ones where you pick up the phone and there’s no-one there. Apparently these companies dial […]
In my last blog I posted about how I am on a journey to do all the things that I have wanted to do or at least try. So far I have completed 2 ou modules on my way to acheiving a BA in Humanities with Creative writing. I’m doing ok but every time I get a […]
- Be eccentric now! (no.21) November 24, 2013
- What’s holding you back from pursuing your dream? June 3, 2013
- Isn’t life funny! March 25, 2014
- What kind of butterfly are you? July 19, 2014
- Finding inspiration in an unexpected place. May 3, 2014
- When Life Gets Messy………. February 27, 2013
- Third Time Lucky September 19, 2016
- Just believe that good things are on their way. January 3, 2016
- The Scratch Messiah, my adventures continue. December 6, 2015
- Where is your escape? November 12, 2015
- New Career. October 20, 2015
- Downton Abbey’s back. October 1, 2015
- KiaIChueng: Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been...
- FrankQZagara: You can certainly see your enthusiasm in the work ...
- isabel: I may have misheard what the young actress who was...
- C. Evans: Nellie Hozier was born in 1888. She was 26 when w...
- isabel: Thanks Debbie. Easier said than done sometimes. Bu...
- Debra Horrocks: Such an inspirational blog Isobel. You are most de...
About The Author
I have 2 wonderful sons and my first grandchild has arrived. I’ve recently had a short story included as an appendix in another author’s book. Very pleased.