I have a question. Where has 2015 gone to? It seems like only yesterday that I was thinking back on 2014. It’s been a bit of a funny old year. We started the year knowing that my brother-in-law was terminally ill, and I’ll be starting 2016 by going to a funeral of a friend who […]
Archive | My journey RSS feed for this section
Where is your escape? Do you have somewhere either real or imagined that you can go when you need some Isabel-time? This is a blog challenge I was set by a fellow Open University student quite a while ago. I’ve had a couple of attempts at answering this question, but gave up as I didn’t really know […]
We all have dreams. some bigger than others. We also know that sometimes it can be hard to hold on to that dream, especially when it looks like it is an impossible one. I’ve recently been going through a time of doubting my ability as a writer and this has stopped me from actually sitting […]
I love looking at all the photos and funny sayings that people share on Facebook and Twitter. I’ve even been known to pinch a few and share them myself; well quite a lot if I’m honest. The one on the left, of someone doing a sky dive, made me laugh as I’m considering doing one […]
Ever struggled, when in a difficult situation, to figure out what’s the best thing to do? I know I have. There’s been many times when I literally found it hard to, ‘see the wood from the trees.’ I also found that at times like that, struggling to find the answer, or the way out, only […]
A few years ago, I was on a plane bound for Edinburgh. I was going to attend a reunion with my school friends and was travelling on my own. Sitting next to me was a tall, blond-haired, American gentleman, aged about 40. Shortly after take off, we fell into conversation and what he told me […]
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain. I read this quote on Facebook and fell in love with it. I’ve now adopted it as my new motto and am trying to put it into practice. My website has the title, ‘Sunshine after the rain.’ […]
Well it’s almost a month since I decided to take my own advice and be kind to myself. The relief I felt at taking the decision to defer from my Open University course for the time being has stayed with me. I did the right thing. It wasn’t until I removed that stress factor from […]
Years ago, I made a New Year’s resolution to give up up making any New Year’s resolutions. This has been one resolution that I’ve found easy to keep; up until now that is. In my last blog, ‘The best laid plans‘, I included this list of New Year’s resolutions that had been shared as a […]
I can’t believe how much my life has changed since I decided to ‘get off my butt’ and start living. I used to have a house which although not immaculate, at least had a good going over once a week. Now I’d much rather be writing than dusting. Even my leisure time has changed. Everywhere […]
- Be eccentric now! (no.21) November 24, 2013
- What’s holding you back from pursuing your dream? June 3, 2013
- Isn’t life funny! March 25, 2014
- What kind of butterfly are you? July 19, 2014
- Finding inspiration in an unexpected place. May 3, 2014
- When Life Gets Messy………. February 27, 2013
- Third Time Lucky September 19, 2016
- Just believe that good things are on their way. January 3, 2016
- The Scratch Messiah, my adventures continue. December 6, 2015
- Where is your escape? November 12, 2015
- New Career. October 20, 2015
- Downton Abbey’s back. October 1, 2015
- KiaIChueng: Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been...
- FrankQZagara: You can certainly see your enthusiasm in the work ...
- isabel: I may have misheard what the young actress who was...
- C. Evans: Nellie Hozier was born in 1888. She was 26 when w...
- isabel: Thanks Debbie. Easier said than done sometimes. Bu...
- Debra Horrocks: Such an inspirational blog Isobel. You are most de...
About The Author
I have 2 wonderful sons and my first grandchild has arrived. I’ve recently had a short story included as an appendix in another author’s book. Very pleased.