Last night I was invited to a social gathering in a local hostelry. Now I don’t know about you, but at this time of year I’m very reluctant to venture out again after I’ve closed the curtains and put on the fire. This, coupled with the prospect of walking into a crowded pub on my […]
Archive | My adventures RSS feed for this section
On Saturday 20th October 2012 a momentous occasion, in my opinion, occurred. Approximately 150 adults and children gathered together in the main hall of a local school to record some of their repertoire for a cd. The buzz of excitement in the hall was electric. Looking around at the faces of those present, it […]
Wow, yesterday the TV programme I took part in with Lynda Bellingham was on TV. Having told all my friends and family about it so they could watch-I started to have a bit of a panic. What if I made a complete fool of myself or worse-what if I was edited out!!!!!! I watched it with […]
Anyone who may be reading these blogs will remember that I wrote one about making a scarecrow for a Scarecrow Festival to be held over the the August bank holiday weekend. For some bizarre reason I decided to do a ‘Dame Edna Everidge Scarecrow! Dame Edna then featured in 2 adverts on Witneytv to publicise the […]
The lovely Lisa has set us a challege of writing a blog about what we think of when we think about September. This might not be what she meant but here goes. The first memory I have when I think of September is of a friend’s wedding where I first realised that I wanted to be […]
I wasn’t going to do a blog today as after all the excitement of the Scarecrow Festival and the Abba day I thought that anything I had to say would be so boring. Today started off normal enough. I got up, had a bath and breakfast, got dressed and decided to do some housework. After dusting, hoovering […]
In this blog I’m writing about the Abba day I attended last July. Last year as part of my new beginnings I joined the West Oxfordshire Academy of Performing Arts Adult Singing Group, Woapa for short. I’ve previously blogged about some of the experiences I’ve already enjoyed since joining. Brian and Lou, the lovely couple who run Woapa decided […]
Tuesday 21st August. Can’t believe it’s been 5 days since my last blog. The days go fast when you’re challenging yourself! My last post was cut short as I had to go and make a scarecrow to be used to promote Cogges Manor Farm’s Scarecrow festival this weekend. I’d had the idea for a Dame Edna scarecrow […]
Finally, after much frustration I’ve managed to get to this point in my attempt at blogging! All this social networking stuff comes easily to my sons’ generation, but it’s a bit harder for us oldies. 2010 was the year I started my new beginnings. After years of being a bit of a couch potato I decided […]
- Be eccentric now! (no.21) November 24, 2013
- What’s holding you back from pursuing your dream? June 3, 2013
- Isn’t life funny! March 25, 2014
- What kind of butterfly are you? July 19, 2014
- Finding inspiration in an unexpected place. May 3, 2014
- When Life Gets Messy………. February 27, 2013
- Third Time Lucky September 19, 2016
- Just believe that good things are on their way. January 3, 2016
- The Scratch Messiah, my adventures continue. December 6, 2015
- Where is your escape? November 12, 2015
- New Career. October 20, 2015
- Downton Abbey’s back. October 1, 2015
- KiaIChueng: Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been...
- FrankQZagara: You can certainly see your enthusiasm in the work ...
- isabel: I may have misheard what the young actress who was...
- C. Evans: Nellie Hozier was born in 1888. She was 26 when w...
- isabel: Thanks Debbie. Easier said than done sometimes. Bu...
- Debra Horrocks: Such an inspirational blog Isobel. You are most de...
About The Author
I have 2 wonderful sons and my first grandchild has arrived. I’ve recently had a short story included as an appendix in another author’s book. Very pleased.