I’m going to make a confession here. I was that little girl who stood in front of the mirror, hairbrush in hand, using it as a microphone, while I sang along to my latest record, dreaming of one day being a pop star. Well guess what? My dream has come true, thanks to my youngest […]
Archive | My adventures RSS feed for this section
A couple of weeks ago I was excited because my singing group had just performed in the great Hall at Blenheim Palace. It was an amazing experience to be able to sing in such a beautiful setting. What could possibly top that? This time last year I was in the process of recovering from a […]
Earlier this year I mentioned that I was deferring from my Open University module due to a combination of ill-health and family issues. The email to the Open University confirming my deferral had barely been launched into the ether when I was asked if I would be interested in doing two things. One, was to […]
Anyone who follows my blog will be well aware of the fact that I’m a Downton Abbey fan and that I’m immensely pleased that Cogges is used as the setting of Yew Tree Farm, the home of Farmer Drewe and his wife, Margi. Having seen Lady Mary and Tom Branson visit the farm in series […]
Regular readers of my blog will know that I’m a member of WOAPA Adult Singing Group, we hesitate to call ourselves a choir. Over the last three years we’ve had some great adventures, singing at local beer and music festivals, recording a video for a local farmer and generally just having fun singing. But recently […]
One thing I’ve found working as a volunteer at Cogges is that, you never know what you’ll be called upon to do next. I’ve done some strange things in the past, like chasing escaped turkeys, taking goats for a walk and trawling through undergrowth in pursuit of escaped chickens. But one thing’s for sure, it’s […]
Today, Monday the 20th October 2014, I woke up to the news that the actress and author, Lynda Bellingham had sadly lost her battle with cancer. The media is full of well deserved tributes. Right up to the end Lynda never gave up. When being accused of giving up on life by stopping her chemotherapy […]
Since joining Woapa 3 years ago I have met many wonderful people and made some good friends. Everyone in the singing group is enthusiastic and if asked would probably say that Wednesday evening, when we rehearse, is the highlight of their week. I certainly would. But I think it’s fair to say that there’s one member of […]
Those of you that follow my blog are aware that one of my passions is singing. I think that I was born singing. Certainly from the age of about eight years old I performed regularly on stage with a local children’s drama group, The St Ninian’s Junior Concert Party, which is still going strong and in fact, […]
Goodness me. I can’t believe that it’s July already. This year is flying by. Since making a conscious decision about three years ago to ‘get out there and start living,’ time seems to be passing faster and faster. I don’t have a ‘bucket list’ as such, but I’ve made up my mind to try as many new experiences […]
- Be eccentric now! (no.21) November 24, 2013
- What’s holding you back from pursuing your dream? June 3, 2013
- Isn’t life funny! March 25, 2014
- What kind of butterfly are you? July 19, 2014
- Finding inspiration in an unexpected place. May 3, 2014
- When Life Gets Messy………. February 27, 2013
- Third Time Lucky September 19, 2016
- Just believe that good things are on their way. January 3, 2016
- The Scratch Messiah, my adventures continue. December 6, 2015
- Where is your escape? November 12, 2015
- New Career. October 20, 2015
- Downton Abbey’s back. October 1, 2015
- KiaIChueng: Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been...
- FrankQZagara: You can certainly see your enthusiasm in the work ...
- isabel: I may have misheard what the young actress who was...
- C. Evans: Nellie Hozier was born in 1888. She was 26 when w...
- isabel: Thanks Debbie. Easier said than done sometimes. Bu...
- Debra Horrocks: Such an inspirational blog Isobel. You are most de...
About The Author
I have 2 wonderful sons and my first grandchild has arrived. I’ve recently had a short story included as an appendix in another author’s book. Very pleased.