‘Worry is a down payment on a problem you may never have.’ Joyce Meyer. A couple of months ago a routine visit to the dentist resulted in me being referred to the hospital. On a previous visit the dentist had told me that I had something called Leucoplakia, which is like an area of dry […]
Archive | Inspirational thoughts RSS feed for this section
I love looking at all the photos and funny sayings that people share on Facebook and Twitter. I’ve even been known to pinch a few and share them myself; well quite a lot if I’m honest. The one on the left, of someone doing a sky dive, made me laugh as I’m considering doing one […]
Ever struggled, when in a difficult situation, to figure out what’s the best thing to do? I know I have. There’s been many times when I literally found it hard to, ‘see the wood from the trees.’ I also found that at times like that, struggling to find the answer, or the way out, only […]
A few years ago, I was on a plane bound for Edinburgh. I was going to attend a reunion with my school friends and was travelling on my own. Sitting next to me was a tall, blond-haired, American gentleman, aged about 40. Shortly after take off, we fell into conversation and what he told me […]
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain. I read this quote on Facebook and fell in love with it. I’ve now adopted it as my new motto and am trying to put it into practice. My website has the title, ‘Sunshine after the rain.’ […]
2014 is about to come to an end. It’s been an amazing year for me. I’ve paraglided off a 1,700 metre high mountain, performed as part of the chorus for a performance of the Mikado, sang backing vocals on a CD and sung a solo on WOAPA’s annual WOAPA day, to name but a […]
Today, Monday the 20th October 2014, I woke up to the news that the actress and author, Lynda Bellingham had sadly lost her battle with cancer. The media is full of well deserved tributes. Right up to the end Lynda never gave up. When being accused of giving up on life by stopping her chemotherapy […]
As anyone who I’m friends with on Facebook can tell you, I have an addiction to doing silly quizzes, like ‘What Disney Princess are you?’ or ‘What colour are you?‘ or ‘What would your medieval profession be?’ Recently I did a quiz to find out what kind of butterfly I was. Bizarre I know, but it was just […]
Finding inspiration in an unexpected place. Almost a year ago I wrote a blog, A day in the ‘glamorous’ life of an author It was a tongue in cheek tale about a book launch I’d attended. My friend and mentor, Lisa Cherry, otherwise known as ‘the lovely Lisa’, had just published her second book, ‘The Brightness […]
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke For the past few months I’ve been going through a situation in which I’ve had to make the sentiments of this picture my daily mantra. Without going into the details, I have been in a situation […]
- Be eccentric now! (no.21) November 24, 2013
- What’s holding you back from pursuing your dream? June 3, 2013
- Isn’t life funny! March 25, 2014
- What kind of butterfly are you? July 19, 2014
- Finding inspiration in an unexpected place. May 3, 2014
- When Life Gets Messy………. February 27, 2013
- Third Time Lucky September 19, 2016
- Just believe that good things are on their way. January 3, 2016
- The Scratch Messiah, my adventures continue. December 6, 2015
- Where is your escape? November 12, 2015
- New Career. October 20, 2015
- Downton Abbey’s back. October 1, 2015
- KiaIChueng: Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been...
- FrankQZagara: You can certainly see your enthusiasm in the work ...
- isabel: I may have misheard what the young actress who was...
- C. Evans: Nellie Hozier was born in 1888. She was 26 when w...
- isabel: Thanks Debbie. Easier said than done sometimes. Bu...
- Debra Horrocks: Such an inspirational blog Isobel. You are most de...
About The Author
I have 2 wonderful sons and my first grandchild has arrived. I’ve recently had a short story included as an appendix in another author’s book. Very pleased.