I‘ve been volunteering at Cogges Manor Farm, (also known as Yew Tree Farm in a certain ITV period drama), in Witney for about three years now. I’ve loved every minute of it. Being a people person, I love meeting and greeting the visitors that come through the doors, even the awkward ones who seem […]
Archive | Featured RSS feed for this section
As anyone who I’m friends with on Facebook can tell you, I have an addiction to doing silly quizzes, like ‘What Disney Princess are you?’ or ‘What colour are you?‘ or ‘What would your medieval profession be?’ Recently I did a quiz to find out what kind of butterfly I was. Bizarre I know, but it was just […]
Finding inspiration in an unexpected place. Almost a year ago I wrote a blog, A day in the ‘glamorous’ life of an author It was a tongue in cheek tale about a book launch I’d attended. My friend and mentor, Lisa Cherry, otherwise known as ‘the lovely Lisa’, had just published her second book, ‘The Brightness […]
It’s been a while since I published part 4 of My Invisible Dragon adventure but here at last is the fifth, possibly the last part. This one starts off a bit differently. I’m in the middle of my Creative Writing course so I’m trying something different. As with all good fairy tales however there must […]
Just over a year ago it was suggested to me that I should start writing a blog to help me find my ‘writer’s voice’. Little did I know the path that it would lead me on. My first few attempts were ramblings about all the different adventures I’d been on since deciding to get off […]
Life can be so cruel sometimes. A couple of weeks ago I found out that a very dear friend and neighbour had been told that she only had about 2 weeks to live. Despite going backwards and forwards to the hospital for the past 4 years, a recent scan revealed that, not only did she […]
‘Systemic lupus erythematosus (i/sɪˈstɛmɪk ˈluːpəs ˌɛrɪθiːməˈtoʊsəs/), often abbreviated to SLE or lupus, is a systemic autoimmune disease (or autoimmune connective tissue disease) that can affect any part of the body. As occurs in other autoimmune diseases, the immune system attacks the body’s cells and tissue, resulting in inflammation and tissue damage. It is a Type […]
Yesterday I finally got round to reading last months Reader’s Digest magazine. A headline on the front cover caught my eye; ‘Go Forth and Create, Why your best years can come late in life’. This sounded right up my street! Eagerly anticipating finding out some new ideas to try out as part of my ‘New […]
In my blog titled ‘I’ll have the buffet please’ I wrote about the different sources there are where a writer can find rich sources of material. In this blog I mentioned that I had discovered that television was one of them. I’m also finding out that, believe it or not, facebook can be a pretty good […]
A few months ago I attended a Beginner’s Writer’s Workshop. I was extremely apprehensive and nervous. I was sure that everyone else who attended would be feeling confident and would be much better at it than me! We were all there for different reasons and were at different stages on our writing journey. Ranging from someone who was […]
- Be eccentric now! (no.21) November 24, 2013
- What’s holding you back from pursuing your dream? June 3, 2013
- Isn’t life funny! March 25, 2014
- What kind of butterfly are you? July 19, 2014
- Finding inspiration in an unexpected place. May 3, 2014
- When Life Gets Messy………. February 27, 2013
- Third Time Lucky September 19, 2016
- Just believe that good things are on their way. January 3, 2016
- The Scratch Messiah, my adventures continue. December 6, 2015
- Where is your escape? November 12, 2015
- New Career. October 20, 2015
- Downton Abbey’s back. October 1, 2015
- KiaIChueng: Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been...
- FrankQZagara: You can certainly see your enthusiasm in the work ...
- isabel: I may have misheard what the young actress who was...
- C. Evans: Nellie Hozier was born in 1888. She was 26 when w...
- isabel: Thanks Debbie. Easier said than done sometimes. Bu...
- Debra Horrocks: Such an inspirational blog Isobel. You are most de...
About The Author
I have 2 wonderful sons and my first grandchild has arrived. I’ve recently had a short story included as an appendix in another author’s book. Very pleased.