I’m going to make a confession here. I was that little girl who stood in front of the mirror, hairbrush in hand, using it as a microphone, while I sang along to my latest record, dreaming of one day being a pop star. Well guess what? My dream has come true, thanks to my youngest […]
Archive | Featured RSS feed for this section
Where is your escape? Do you have somewhere either real or imagined that you can go when you need some Isabel-time? This is a blog challenge I was set by a fellow Open University student quite a while ago. I’ve had a couple of attempts at answering this question, but gave up as I didn’t really know […]
The autumn equinox has passed and with it has come the return of two of the highlights of my year; Strictly Come Dancing and Downton Abbey. Who cares if it’s cold and dark outside when you can sit in the comfort of your own living room and lose yourself in the glamour of spray tans […]
We all have dreams. some bigger than others. We also know that sometimes it can be hard to hold on to that dream, especially when it looks like it is an impossible one. I’ve recently been going through a time of doubting my ability as a writer and this has stopped me from actually sitting […]
Anyone who follows my blog will be well aware of the fact that I’m a Downton Abbey fan and that I’m immensely pleased that Cogges is used as the setting of Yew Tree Farm, the home of Farmer Drewe and his wife, Margi. Having seen Lady Mary and Tom Branson visit the farm in series […]
Years ago, I made a New Year’s resolution to give up up making any New Year’s resolutions. This has been one resolution that I’ve found easy to keep; up until now that is. In my last blog, ‘The best laid plans‘, I included this list of New Year’s resolutions that had been shared as a […]
2014 is about to come to an end. It’s been an amazing year for me. I’ve paraglided off a 1,700 metre high mountain, performed as part of the chorus for a performance of the Mikado, sang backing vocals on a CD and sung a solo on WOAPA’s annual WOAPA day, to name but a […]
Regular readers of my blog will know that I’m a member of WOAPA Adult Singing Group, we hesitate to call ourselves a choir. Over the last three years we’ve had some great adventures, singing at local beer and music festivals, recording a video for a local farmer and generally just having fun singing. But recently […]
One thing I’ve found working as a volunteer at Cogges is that, you never know what you’ll be called upon to do next. I’ve done some strange things in the past, like chasing escaped turkeys, taking goats for a walk and trawling through undergrowth in pursuit of escaped chickens. But one thing’s for sure, it’s […]
Today, Monday the 20th October 2014, I woke up to the news that the actress and author, Lynda Bellingham had sadly lost her battle with cancer. The media is full of well deserved tributes. Right up to the end Lynda never gave up. When being accused of giving up on life by stopping her chemotherapy […]
- Be eccentric now! (no.21) November 24, 2013
- What’s holding you back from pursuing your dream? June 3, 2013
- Isn’t life funny! March 25, 2014
- What kind of butterfly are you? July 19, 2014
- Finding inspiration in an unexpected place. May 3, 2014
- When Life Gets Messy………. February 27, 2013
- Third Time Lucky September 19, 2016
- Just believe that good things are on their way. January 3, 2016
- The Scratch Messiah, my adventures continue. December 6, 2015
- Where is your escape? November 12, 2015
- New Career. October 20, 2015
- Downton Abbey’s back. October 1, 2015
- KiaIChueng: Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been...
- FrankQZagara: You can certainly see your enthusiasm in the work ...
- isabel: I may have misheard what the young actress who was...
- C. Evans: Nellie Hozier was born in 1888. She was 26 when w...
- isabel: Thanks Debbie. Easier said than done sometimes. Bu...
- Debra Horrocks: Such an inspirational blog Isobel. You are most de...
About The Author
I have 2 wonderful sons and my first grandchild has arrived. I’ve recently had a short story included as an appendix in another author’s book. Very pleased.