When the A150 module website opened in preparation for the start of my course on November 4th, having buried my head in the sand long enough, I thought that I should at least clear out all my notes from the previous 2 courses I’ve completed, to make room for more notes! Now, I don’t know about you, but my idea […]
Author Archive | isabel
On Saturday 20th October 2012 a momentous occasion, in my opinion, occurred. Approximately 150 adults and children gathered together in the main hall of a local school to record some of their repertoire for a cd. The buzz of excitement in the hall was electric. Looking around at the faces of those present, it […]
While my washing machine was doing my washing and the dishwasher was cleaning my dishes, I was quite happily checking my emails and facebook. I was reflecting on how great it was that we have these technologies that make our lives a lot easier. I can still remember the Monday wash days of my childhood, when […]
As a child I belonged to the St Ninian’s Concert Party. This was a drama group for kids aged between 8-16. My debut at the tender age of 8, was singing ‘Singing in the Rain’ with 4 girls with brollies dancing behind me. To my young mind this was exactly what I should be doing […]
♥ If you woke and realised this whole year had been a dream, would you do anything different? This was posted on my fb page by one of the ladies in a special Lupus support group. I’m not sure if she was thinking of anything specific in her own life that’s happened this year. Especially […]
Wow, yesterday the TV programme I took part in with Lynda Bellingham was on TV. Having told all my friends and family about it so they could watch-I started to have a bit of a panic. What if I made a complete fool of myself or worse-what if I was edited out!!!!!! I watched it with […]
This blog is about my ‘journey’, sorry for using the ‘j’ word, and part of being able to move on is to let go. Like a lot of things in life that sounds easier than it is, something that many people will have found out as they try to make sense of this world. What things we need […]
Anyone who may be reading these blogs will remember that I wrote one about making a scarecrow for a Scarecrow Festival to be held over the the August bank holiday weekend. For some bizarre reason I decided to do a ‘Dame Edna Everidge Scarecrow! Dame Edna then featured in 2 adverts on Witneytv to publicise the […]
I wasn’t going to do a blog today as after all the excitement of the Scarecrow Festival and the Abba day I thought that anything I had to say would be so boring. Today started off normal enough. I got up, had a bath and breakfast, got dressed and decided to do some housework. After dusting, hoovering […]
- Be eccentric now! (no.21) November 24, 2013
- What’s holding you back from pursuing your dream? June 3, 2013
- Isn’t life funny! March 25, 2014
- What kind of butterfly are you? July 19, 2014
- Finding inspiration in an unexpected place. May 3, 2014
- When Life Gets Messy………. February 27, 2013
- Third Time Lucky September 19, 2016
- Just believe that good things are on their way. January 3, 2016
- The Scratch Messiah, my adventures continue. December 6, 2015
- Where is your escape? November 12, 2015
- New Career. October 20, 2015
- Downton Abbey’s back. October 1, 2015
- KiaIChueng: Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been...
- FrankQZagara: You can certainly see your enthusiasm in the work ...
- isabel: I may have misheard what the young actress who was...
- C. Evans: Nellie Hozier was born in 1888. She was 26 when w...
- isabel: Thanks Debbie. Easier said than done sometimes. Bu...
- Debra Horrocks: Such an inspirational blog Isobel. You are most de...
About The Author
I have 2 wonderful sons and my first grandchild has arrived. I’ve recently had a short story included as an appendix in another author’s book. Very pleased.